Search for a Recipe

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Banana Pancakes

There are mornings when you either don't have the time or desire to mix up pancake batter, but you still want the taste of warm pancakes, and this recipe fits the bill.  I started making these years ago, and I still find they're a great way to use up those extra bananas we always seem to have lying around.  Although, I would recommend making them before the bananas are too ripe.  (If your bananas are really ripe, then peel them and freeze them in a ziploc and just defrost and use as-is in something like the coconut banana bread w/ lemon glaze or banana bread or banana chocolate chip bread).  Obviously, you have to like banana to like these pancakes, but they're soft and tasty, particularly with maple syrup.  Once I introduced the idea to my mom, she's been eating them everyday! Enjoy!

I tend to cut my large pancake into fourths to serve.


Banana Pancakes
Makes 1 large or 4-6 small pancakes
You can easily double, triple, or quadruple this recipe.  I make this amount for a single serving.
 
Preheat frying pan over medium-low to medium heat.
 
Mash in a bowl with a fork:
½ banana
 

Add and mix until combined:
1 egg
Pinch salt
Pinch cinnamon
 

Add to pan:
1 Tbsp butter (you can use less, but I like the flavor)
 
Pour either 1 big pancake or several smaller pancakes.  Cook until lightly browned and easy to flip.  Flip and cook on the other side until lightly browned. 
 
This is my giant pancake - you can see it's almost filling the 10" pan.  And, it does end up a little more browned in the centre than when I make smaller pancakes. 
 

Serve with maple syrup, or other toppings, if desired (peanut butter, nutella, whipped cream).
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment