Search for a Recipe

Thursday 6 June 2013

Sandwich time!

I tend to whip up double batches of my brown bread (honey whole wheat (minus the wheat) bread).  I make mini loaves and, when they're cool, I slice it nice and thin and freeze it for later.  Then, for a fun dinner for the kids, we toast up the bread and have all the toppings ready for them to make their own sandwiches.  The brown sandwich bread is particularly nice with meat and cheese, as we used here.  Enjoy!
Would you believe these lovely sandwiches were whipped together by a 7 year old? Yum!

Make a batch of the gluten-free honey whole wheat bread. Cool, slice, and toast.
Prepare toppings:
Thinly sliced roast chicken (I prefer the no-nitrate/preservative kind)
Sliced harvarti cheese (I used tomato & herb flavored havarti here)
Romaine lettuce, rinsed and broken into sandwich-sized pieces
Mustard
Mayonnaise

Pile together sandwiches as you please.  If you've got kids, they absolutely love being able to decide what to put on their sandwiches. 
Monty (7 yrs old) made these all on his own!
Gwen (2 yrs old) made her sandwich - with some extra meat on top. She was SO excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment